Child Friendly Church Award
Abbots Road United Reformed Church holds a certificate for the United Reformed Child Friendly Church award scheme. This is a scheme awarded to those Churches which are accessed to meet the following criteria set by the National body.
‘’When you're looking for a church for your children or family to attend, it can be difficult to know which ones will be welcoming to younger participants.
The Child Friendly Church Award Scheme is there to help! By working hard to consider how all aspects of their life and work affect children and families, child friendly churches are able to demonstrate that they are doing everything in their power to cater for the needs of parents, carers and young ones in their context.
A Child Friendly Church award means that a local congregation:
• has a comprehensive and shared vision for Children’s and Youth Work
• provides good opportunities for the voices of children and young people to be heard
• takes seriously and responds to feedback from children and young people
• provides opportunities for children and young people to be involved in planning, organising and delivering child friendly church services
• makes suitable provision for under 5s in church
• provides groups and organisations to help nurture children and young people
• takes Safeguarding, Health & Safety and First Aid seriously